CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

6.29.2008

five things i've recently received in the mail!


1. letter from dann :)
2. report card :(
3. graduation card from miss kelly :)
4. nyu stuff :)
5. graduation card from beanie :)

i like mail, and that's why i'm sending everyone postcards from florida.. where i'm going in about 14ish hours. we leave from philly at 7am and then i'm faced with absolutely no worries/troubles/work for the next seven days. i'm incredibly excited for this peninsula adventure. the only thing i have to really do is write my article (deadline=the day after i get home), but i've been coaching myself to enjoy writing. maybe i'll even write a few poems or stories when i'm down there. i'm certainly going to take a lot of pictures and listen to all of my new music. i actually have quite a few things to do tonight before i go.. a) shopping b) packing! remembering everything! c) uploading alllllll of my new music d) updating my iPod. e) return things to the library. f) upload all of my camera pictures and then delete them so i have maximum room. i'm mostly worried about packing because i need to remember things like my cameras, notebooks, pens, clothes, sunglasses, towels!, reading materials.

i've crossed a few things off of my summer to-do list, and hope to do some more in the upcoming week while i'm out of state. brian lent me "jay and silent bob strike back" and i'm pretty sure kelly is bringing her portable dvd player. OH! i watched a fantastic movie called "wristcutters" the other day and lent it to my dad (because tom waits is in it, duh) and he also loved it. i'm also bringing "the punk rock book of lists" and "rant" because it's light/fun reading as opposed to things like "prozac nation" and "the rum diary".  yeah, that's my reasoning.

let me now write about an adventure that happened to myself, cait, britt, jeff, brian, danny and mike motza yesterday. so we were innocently on our way to go see LESS THAN JAKE and GOLDFINGER in my mother's mini-van (which i borrowed to fit everyone).  then, on 287 south near route 1 (in the middle lane, no less).. the check engine light came on.. followed by every other light in the car.. followed by the loss of the brakes and the loss of the gas.. followed by white smoke pouring in from the vents.. followed by the engine smoking.. basically, the engine seized and now the car is pretty useless. we then stood on the side of 287 for a long time until we were rescued.  oh, what a night. then we all just came back here, cried about not going to the show and swam and hookah'd. but atleast we're still alive.

be back in seven days, blog.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wristcutters is amazing. waits as a purgatory cop - how much better could it be!!

come home asap.