CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

3.04.2008

Five Songs On Repeat Like Crazy


1. "LAX", Big D and the Kids Table
2. "Serious", Crash Romeo
3. "Point/Counterpoint", Streetlight Manifesto
4. "Rest Of My Life", Less Than Jake
5. "Overrated", Less Than Jake

"Like Crazy" is the ultimate Dr. Chow throwback.  I miss him.  "Like Crazy" has also been my life lately.  Life has been.. liiiiiiike.. crazy.  But it's alright.  Thanks to whatever made me go out and buy that calendar because it's been a lifesaver.  March events alone include: seven different Crash Romeo shows (stalk much?), Elan meetings forever, hanging out with people that I love, pillow fights in New York City, "Super Saturday!", Westfield on the first day of spring, Strelko shows.  To name a few.  I loved the weather today and it was perfect for the discussion JMo and I had about why people feel the need to clarify that the rain was "wet" when they write poetry.  This is not to say that poems can never say "wet rain", but the amount of poems that say "the cold, wet rain pounded down on the city streets" are more than you would ever think.  Why is the rain always cold?  When is rain NOT wet?  Why is it always on a city street?  Because the smell of wet rain on hot asphault is enough for me to want to stay outside in the rain forever?  Because it reminds you of spring and good weather?  Not nice weather, because rain is not nice weather.  Whether you believe it or not.  But it's good.  It's great weather.  It beads up on your window and trickles down the driveway and you can ride your bike through the puddles.  It's refreshing, like chai tea and tai chi and rhymes that aren't forced.  Perhaps, perhaps, I will write my next poem about rain.  On my window pane.  Cold, wet, glorious rain.  Like cwazy.

0 comments: