CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2.13.2008

Five Best 80's Love Songs (In Honor Of Valentine's Day)


1. REO Speedwagon - Keep On Loving You
2. Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes
3. Posion - Every Rose Has It's Thorn
4. New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
5. Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart

I can't believe I drew that rose when I was in seventh grade and didn't know much about love other than what I saw in movies and heard in songs.  It was never applicable in real life, because I had no one to really love (romantically, anyways).  I didn't even have any good crushes in seventh grade because I only saw the same six boys everyday, and they were the same six I had seen everyday since Kindergarten.  They were (and still are) like broski's to me.  So now I sit here, several years later, in need of a love poem still without knowing much about love.  But I figured I would write about what I do know about.  And that, folks, is 80's love songs. 

It is a question that has plagued the great minds of our generation: What Is Love? I was seven years old when I learned the answer, and it was hidden in thecassette box in the backseat of my father's 1986 MazdaProtege. I found out that Love Hurts. Love Stinks.Love Bites. Love Is A Battlefield. You just Can'tFight This Feeling.  But love, perhaps,  is More ThanA Feeling.  Love is a Total Eclipse of the Heart. LoveWill Keep Us Together and Love Will Tear Us Apart. Some will Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That). Still Haven't Found What [You're] Looking For?  LostThat Loving Feeling? Don't Blame It On Your Heart. And don't worry if you're All Out Of Love on thisValentine's Da, because your Heart Will Go On.  Therewill be others.  You Can't Help Falling In Love.  Loveis in Every Breath You Take.  But be cautious, andalways remember that no matter how good love looks,Every Rose Has It's Thorn.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate Valentine's Day. Today he posted, "I wish I could be with you tomorrow. It sucks, but, we will make up for it later". I'm better off without him, I believe it but it fucking hurts.