CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2.20.2008

Five Reasons I Should Get A Raise



1. I'm a survivor.  Three staffs?
2. College.
3. I show up on time.
4. I love work.
5. Give me one reason I shouldn't.

I'm planning a show and I'm really excited.  I'm following around a band and I'm really excited.  I still haven't written that poem, but I'm painting tonight so it's all good.  Something creative daily is my goal.  Right after Danny and I go to OLD NAVY because he likes dressing nicely now.  I want one of those hats that fall off your head, but don't really ever fall off.  You know? Edit:  So I got a new pair of jeans and lip balm today from the Nave.  Danny got three shirts.  Then we got dinner for $3 each and it was so filling and neither of us even finished.  I'm such a bad student because, again, I've decided to put off everything until tomorrow and just go to bed right now.  Ahaha.  But I might write that poem first.. Or during my sleep.  I think it's going to be about tattoos.  This Kim Addonizio poem is my inspiration:

First Poem for You
I like to touch your tattoos in complete
darkness, when I can’t see them. I’m sure of
where they are, know by heart the neat
lines of lightning pulsing just above
your nipple, can find, as if by instinct, the blue
swirls of water on your shoulder where a serpent
twists, facing a dragon. When I pull you
to me, taking you until we’re spent
and quiet on the sheets, I love to kiss
the pictures in your skin. They’ll last until
you’re seared to ashes; whatever persists
or turns to pain between us, they will still
be there. Such permanence is terrifying.
So I touch them in the dark; but touch them, trying.

0 comments: