CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2.05.2008

Five Quotes That Prove My Mother May Be Crazy


1. To my brother: "Hey, Mr. 3.4 GPA, have fun at community college because you'll never get in to any real schools."
2. "WHY WOULD YOU ONLY GET A 94 IN JOURNALISM?"
3. "I don't think Honors Calculus should have been that hard, you just didn't try."
4. "There's no reason AP English shouldn't be a high A."
5. "I'm sending this to NYU and then we'll see who's laughing."

It's really hard not to laugh, though.  Me and Xan were both cracking up as we were getting ripped a new asshole in the kitchen.  Even my dad was kind of laughing when she brought up the fact that Xan had a 96 in Computer Apps, which isn't even an A+.  I don't know why I can't take her seriously about grades anymore.  It might be because I'm in college already and my grades/GPA would be perfectly acceptable to most people.  I used to get upset when she called me dumb, but I know she doesn't really mean any of it because then she started laughing, too.  And then I realized that I can't be upset when she says I'm lazy because (sometime during junior year) I realized she was right.  There's really no reason I can't have a 4.0 GPA and a 2100 on my SATs.  I have no learning disabilities, I have no problems.. I just choose not to study for three hours for a test.  I choose to do major assignments the night before they're due.  I choose to not do my SAT review problems on a daily basis.  Life is all about choices.  Like today, for instance, I chose to stay after school for Physics tutorial, come home at 3:30, run for an hour, shower, go out with my dad and then come home to start my mounds of homework that may very well take me until 10:30.  But I can't bitch and moan about how tired I am or how hard my classes are.  This was my choice.  Unless something is completely out of my power, I have no right to complain.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, lets make tuna sandwiches at 2 in the morning in a bathroom. Good times.

<3

Anonymous said...

"why? because i'm a pusher. and now i'm gonna push you."

love you.