CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

12.02.2007

Five Things I (and Dann and LB) Did In Five Minutes (ish) Yesterday


1. Watched a woman's bag for her at Cosi.
2. Watched a dog and cat come out of the bag.
3. Chased the woman for two blocks to offer her help.
4. Carried her bags to the Starbucks on 37th and 8th.
5. Spilled a cup of hot Green Tea at the Starbucks.

I love New York.   I'm going back on Friday because I have no work.  Knowing this, I'm assuming I'll have to work next Friday and won't be able to go see Diana's band (and BIG D!). I really hope I can go to that show, though.  I'm going to beg Johnny today. :) I hear back from NYU in less than two weeks.  Slow down, you're moving to fast.

And, I'm officially asking for a Nikon D40 for Xmas.  I'm offering to pay for half of it, but I do not want to pay for all of it.

Edit: It needs work, but...

A Genuine Faux
"This is nothing like Paris," she said
Opening her wallet to a strategically placed passport
That screamed Cultivé!
She impressed us with her knowledge
Of madeleines and Marcel Proust
As we stood in line for
Peppermint Mochas
and Double Tall Soy Lattes
As she ordered her
Demitasse of the le plat du jour.
"In Paris," she said, "your feet never touch the ground."
She told us of romance, of Eiffel Towers
Her eyes in the distance as if
She could see it, right there
On 37th and 8th Avenue.
She had certainly gone somewhere
In her mind and had forgotten
To come back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

BABY, HE'S GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW, BABY!

Cayce Clifford said...

sweet, cameras are good! are you writing an story about me, that's what someone said.